Qualifications for Registering to Vote
To register to vote you must be:
- A citizen of the United States.
- Residing at your current address for a minimum of 30 days before Election Day.
- A legal resident of Washington state.
- At least 18 years old by Election Day.
Last day to register to vote or update your current registration by any means is 8 days prior to an election. The information must be received by an election official by this day.
You may register to vote or update your current registration in person only up to 8:00 p.m. on Election Day at the Thurston County Auditor's Office.
The Thurston County Auditor’s Elections Office will mail ballots to registered voters in the City of Tumwater.
Any registered voter living in the City of Tumwater who does not receive a ballot at least 18 days before Election Day should contact the Thurston County Auditor’s Office at 360.786.5408 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the Auditor’s Office for a replacement ballot.
Ballot Drop Box Locations
There are 28 ballot drop boxes located throughout Thurston County. Ballot boxes provide a free, secure and convenient way for you to vote and ensure we receive your ballot on time. You do not need a stamp to use a ballot drop box.
Ballot drop boxes are:
- Open 24 hours a day during elections (Approximately 20 days prior to Election Day until 8:00 p.m. on Election Night).
- Emptied regularly by two Elections staff members.
- The best way to ensure submit your ballot on time.