Tumwater City Hall is open to the public with limited hours. Visit our COVID-19 webpage for more information.

Online City ServicesResources for Businesses | Resources for Residents Tumwater 2 Go

Police, fire, and emergency medical response services are available as usual. Emergency? Call 9-1-1.

Tumwater Violations Bureau

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Pay Traffic Fines and Non-criminal Infractions

All non-criminal traffic infractions and parking tickets issued by the Tumwater Police Department are handled by the Tumwater Violations Bureau located at Tumwater City Hall.

Considering a Deferment?

Talk to us first. A deferment is an opportunity for you to have a non-criminal traffic infraction dismissed from your record, but you must meet all conditions. Call Tumwater Violations Bureau for information at (360) 754-4190. See Deferral/Dismissal of infractions for more information.

Request a Hearing

You can request a Mitigation Hearing or Contested Hearing with the Tumwater Violations Bureau. The City of Tumwater contracts with Thurston County District Court for all hearings.  

Payment of Fines

  • Payments may be made with cash, check, money order or credit/debit card when made in person. Mailed payments must be by check or money order only. PLEASE DO NOT MAIL CASH. 
  • Please make checks or money orders payable to “City of Tumwater.” 
  • A drop box is available at the entrance of the Tumwater City Hall building, located at 555 Israel Road SW, Tumwater (map) for your convenience. Please place payment in an envelope addressed to “Violations Bureau.” PLEASE DO NOT PLACE CASH IN THE DROP BOX. 
  • To request a payment plan for non-criminal infractions, you must contact the court within 15 days of the date of issue of the infraction. 

Payment Plans

Payment plans are available upon request. Contact the Violations Bureau at (360) 754-4190 or see Payment Arrangements more information.