Tumwater City Hall and all City facilities will be closed to the public until further notice. Visit our COVID-19 webpage for more information.

Online City ServicesResources for Businesses | Resources for Residents Tumwater 2 Go

Police, fire, and emergency medical response services are available as usual. Emergency? Call 9-1-1.

Public Defender Services

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Office of Assigned Counsel

The Office of Assigned Counsel is responsible for providing defense attorney services for indigent people (those who cannot afford the services of a private lawyer) appearing before District Court, Juvenile Court, or Superior Court. The City of Tumwater contracts with Thurston County Office of Assigned Counsel for public defense services.

Thurston County Office of Assigned Counsel (Public Defender)
926 24th Way SW
Olympia, WA 98502

Reception: (360) 754-4897
Fax: (360) 754-4469

Website:  Thurston County Public Defender

How do I get a public defender?

First, a judge must appoint an attorney for you. You may be expected to fill out a statement and provide proof to the court that you do not have enough income to hire a private attorney.