Report sanitary sewer overflow immediately!
If a Sanitary Sewer Overflow occurs on your property, or you observe one in the street, immediately report it to the Operations Division at (360) 754-4150. Calls can be received 24/7.
If the overflow/spill is occurring on your property, please follow these steps:
- Stop flushing toilets or using water until the blockage is cleared and the spill is cleaned-up.
- If wastewater gets near electrical outlets, turn off the electricity using the breaker box.
- If the blockage is on your private property, contact a local plumber to help you clear the line.
- Call Public Works Operations at (360) 754-4150 to report the spill.
- Avoid the area until clean-up crews arrive.
Sanitary waste can be a serious health risk. Take appropriate precautions when attempting to contain or clean up a sanitary spill on your property. If you have any questions, give us a call!