Tumwater City Hall and all City facilities will be closed to the public until further notice. Visit our COVID-19 webpage for more information.

Online City ServicesResources for Businesses | Resources for Residents Tumwater 2 Go

Police, fire, and emergency medical response services are available as usual. Emergency? Call 9-1-1.

Street Light Outages

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Please report all streetlight outages

If you come across a non-functioning streetlight, please notify the City as soon as possible by calling (360) 754-4150.  You can also email Steve Craig, the Public Works Operations Manager, and he will work to get any issues resolved. You may also submit an online form to Report a Problem to our staff.

We'll sort it out

Please provide an accurate location so we may determine whether or not the streetlight is owned by the City. Some street lights that appear to be in the City limits are owned and maintained by Puget Sound Energy (PSE), the City of Olympia, the State of Washington or even Thurston County. If the streetlight falls under the responsibility of another entity, such as PSE or Thurston County, City staff will report the outage to the appropriate owner. Should the streetlight belong to the City of Tumwater, our goal is to have it repaired within two business days. However, if the streetlight is knocked over completely, replacement may not occur for several weeks.