Tumwater City Hall and all City facilities will be closed to the public until further notice. Visit our COVID-19 webpage for more information.

Online City ServicesResources for Businesses | Resources for Residents Tumwater 2 Go

Police, fire, and emergency medical response services are available as usual. Emergency? Call 9-1-1.

Street and ROW Maintenance

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option


City Streets and the Public Right-of-Way

The Public Works Operations & Maintenance Division is tasked with maintaining the City streets and the public right-of-way (public property).

For emergencies

Please call 9-1-1 for dangerous street or pedestrian emergencies.

  • Dangerous obstructions in roadways
  • Traffic or pedestrian signal malfunction
  • Traffic control signs missing or damaged

High priorities

For high priority items, please call (360) 754-4150.
  • Traffic visibility problems resulting from trees or shrubs blocking the view of oncoming traffic
  • Damaged pavement markings: Striping, Crosswalks, or Legends
  • Median island problems such as overflowing water or damaged landscaping
  • Flooding in roadways

Normal priorities

Normal priority items can be phoned in at (360) 754-4150, faxed to (360) 754-4154, or you may also submit an online form through Report a Problem.
  • Pothole repairs
  • Paved surface maintenance
  • Street sweeping
  • Removal of non-dangerous items from roadways or rights-of-way
  • Tree limbs overhanging to streets or sidewalks
  • Trees and shrubbery in median islands
  • Storm drain maintenance (not flooding)
  • Repair of missing or damaged street name signs or other informational signs (not traffic control signs)
  • Reports of street light problems (not traffic signal malfunctions)

Learn more...

Roadside Vegetation Control Requirements

Road and Sidewalk Clearance Policy References

Interlocal Street Agreement


Tree Care Resources