City Streets and the Public Right-of-Way
The Public Works Operations & Maintenance Division is tasked with maintaining the City streets and the public right-of-way (public property).
Please call 9-1-1 for dangerous street or pedestrian emergencies.
- Dangerous obstructions in roadways
- Traffic or pedestrian signal malfunction
- Traffic control signs missing or damaged
For high priority items, please call (360) 754-4150.
- Traffic visibility problems resulting from trees or shrubs blocking the view of oncoming traffic
- Damaged pavement markings: Striping, Crosswalks, or Legends
- Median island problems such as overflowing water or damaged landscaping
- Flooding in roadways
Normal priority items can be phoned in at (360) 754-4150, faxed to (360) 754-4154, or you may also submit an online form through Report a Problem.
- Pothole repairs
- Paved surface maintenance
- Street sweeping
- Removal of non-dangerous items from roadways or rights-of-way
- Tree limbs overhanging to streets or sidewalks
- Trees and shrubbery in median islands
- Storm drain maintenance (not flooding)
- Repair of missing or damaged street name signs or other informational signs (not traffic control signs)
- Reports of street light problems (not traffic signal malfunctions)