Engineering and Surveying
Public Works Engineering and Survey staff provides preliminary design engineering, construction inspection and management services for the City's Public Works projects. The department is also responsible for traffic engineering, private development plan reviews and inspections, and the geographic information system (GIS).
Engineering and GIS staff within the Public Works Department perform several important functions for the City.
- Maintain accurate base maps for the City’s infrastructure like sewer, water, streets and more.
- Maintain all finished maps like the City street map, zoning maps and more.
- Handle requests for customized maps, GIS data or other map related information.
- Oversee the management of the City’s GIS data, software and applications.
- Manage the City’s GPS equipment and use, including the maintenance of our GPS base station.
- Manage requests for survey information.
- Manage City and private development project as-built drawings and related documents.
- Provide help and support to City staff and the general public on any GIS, GPS or mapping related questions or needs.
For assistance, contact Public Works staff at (360) 754-4140.