Capitol Boulevard Corridor Improvements
Capitol Boulevard Corridor Plan Projects Completed:
- Appendix A - Traffic Memo
- Appendix B - Access Management Exhibits
- Appendix C - Concept Corridor Layout
- Appendix D - Step One Ranking Memo
- Appendix E - Step Two Ranking Memo
- Appendix F - Right-of-Way Plan
- Appendix G - Project Estimates
- Appendix H - IJR
- Appendix I - NEPA CE
- Appendix K - HazMat Report - Part1
- Appendix K - HazMat Report - Part2
- Appendix K - HazMat Report - Part3
- Appendix L - Noise Study
- Appendix M - EJ Report
Feasibility and Pre-Design
The Capitol Boulevard Corridor Feasibility and Pre-Design project was to validate the transportation recommendations included in the Capitol Boulevard Corridor Plan , Final August 2013, manage necessary or recommended changes resulting from the validation process, prepare preliminary design for the Capitol Boulevard corridor improvements from approximately M Street to Israel Road including the development and recommendation of alternatives to manage the vehicular and non-motorized traffic at the busy Capitol Blvd and Trosper Road intersection. The project includes federal funding and work will be performed in conformance with state and federal guidelines.
With funding from a federal grant the City executed a contract with SCJ Alliance for the project work. The work completed to date includes:
- Development of the roadway cross-section along Capitol Boulevard
- Preliminary corridor schematics with roundabouts, medians and traffic calming treatments for the local neighborhood street entries.
- Development and ranking of alternatives for the Capitol/Trosper Intersection
- Preliminary schematics for the preferred Capitol/Trosper Intersection alternative.
For more information about the work please refer to these documents: