Tumwater City Hall is open to the public with limited hours. Visit our COVID-19 webpage for more information.

Online City ServicesResources for Businesses | Resources for Residents Tumwater 2 Go

Police, fire, and emergency medical response services are available as usual. Emergency? Call 9-1-1.

Proclamation Requests

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Proclamation Requests 

Request Form PDF file

Requests for mayoral proclamations and other ceremonial documents shall be submitted to the Office of the Mayor for consideration. Proclamation sponsors should provide their request to the Mayor along with a draft proclamation for consideration at least 30 days in advance of the event by email, or by mail to:

City of Tumwater
Mayor’s Office
555 Israel Road SW
Tumwater, WA 98501

In order to issue a proclamation, the following will be considered:

  • Preference will be given to proposals of local concern which specifically impact the citizens or businesses of Tumwater, or from organizations which represent or provide service to a majority of Tumwater citizens in an endeavor to contribute to the quality of life in the City.

  • Only one proclamation will be issued per year, per organization. Each renewal request will be considered on a case-by-case basis.

  • Proposals for proclamations promoting for-profit causes will generally not be considered.

  • Proposals which recognize individuals will generally not be considered unless they concern Tumwater citizens or business owners who have made a significant contribution to the City of Tumwater or City employees and officials who are recognized for their service to the City.

  • Proposals which promote a position on a pending ballot or legislative issue will not be considered. Pending ballot or legislative issues must be prepared by a Council resolution sponsored by a member of the City Council following procedures specified in State Public Disclosure Law.

Submission of a proclamation request does not guarantee issuance. Ultimately, the proclamation is issued by the Mayor and the Mayor reserves the right to reject or modify a proclamation in any way.


Contact Executive Assistant/Deputy City Clerk Hanna Miles at or call  (360) 754-4120.