CPR/First Aid Classes
We believe everyone should take a CPR class because we have seen the literal life or death difference it can make. The Tumwater Fire Department offers Compression Only CPR classes at 6:00 p.m. on the third Tuesday of every month at the Tumwater Fire Department. Contact Thurston County Medic One to sign up for a class at (360) 704-2780.
There are also many resources available in the community for learning and certification.
CPR Saves Lives
Dr. Mark Layton, a cardiac arrest survivor, reunites with the people who were involved in saving his life. See what happened that day and learn how CPR saves lives.
- Thurston County Medic One provides CPR classes at various locations throughout the county free of charge. To sign up for this class, call (360) 704-2780.
- West Thurston Regional Fire Authority provides a combination first aid and CPR class. Register online to sign up for a class. The cost of their course is $100. Courses are available by appointment.
- Lacey Parks & Recreation provides CPR classes only, call (360) 491-0857 to register. Registration is $20 at the time of registration and $25 for the instructor/supplies. These classes are held on a Saturday rotation schedule.
- CPR classes are offered through Tumwater Parks & Recreation call (360) 754-4160 or browse the current Parks & Recreation brochure to find classes.
- Littlerock Fire Department holds their combination 1st Aid & CPR course the first Saturday of each month for $50. Call (360) 352-1614 or (360) 273-1614 to sign up (West Thurston Regional Fire Authority).
Call the Tumwater Fire Department for additional information at (360) 754-4170.