Requirements for Volunteers
To be eligible to become a volunteer for the Tumwater Fire Department, applicants must meet the minimum criteria, below. The volunteer program has a maximum capacity of ten volunteer emergency responders at one time. Additional screening is required during the application process.
- Live or work within the City of Tumwater
- Have a reliable cell phone or home phone
- Be at least 18 years of age or older
- Have a high school diploma/GED, and
- Either work full time or are a full time student.
Please note: The volunteer program has a maximum capacity of ten volunteer emergency responders at one time.
To Apply to be a Volunteer Firefighter
You must print out and complete the application packet and drop it off at Headquarters Station at 311 Israel Road SW (see map), or mail it to the Tumwater Fire Department, 555 Israel Road SW, Tumwater, WA 98501.
- Complete the Volunteer Firefighter Application
In addition to the application packet, you must submit an Abstract of Driving Record (ADR). Because driving city vehicles may be a part of your job, you are required to obtain an ADR and submit it with your completed application.
- Include an Abstract of Driving Record (ADR)
- You may request a copy from the Department of Licensing (DOL), nearest offices are listed below.
- The cost of an ADR is $10.00, and you will need to request this information in person.
- The DOL will print out your ADR for you while you wait.
- The nearest DOL licensing offices are:
- 1125 Washington Street SE, Olympia (first floor)
- 645 Woodland Square Loop SE, Lacey