Utility Billing Information
The City of Tumwater Finance Department is responsible for billing residential and commercial customers for water, sewer (LOTT) and storm water services. Customers may sign up for new service, obtain account information or, discontinue services through this department.
Go Green, Go Paperless with eBills!
New! EBills are now available to Tumwater Property Owners and Commercial Business Accounts. Sign up below to receive your monthly utility bill as a .pdf attachment via email. Your paper bill will be stopped as long as you are signed up for eBills. Simply click the blue button below and provide us with some basic information.
You may cancel this service at any time by emailing email@example.com.
NOTE: This service is not available to Current Tenants at this time.
Thank you for going green! When your request for Paperless Billing has been processed, you will receive an email confirmation that eBill service has been activated. Your monthly eBill will arrive by email as a PDF attachment on the next billing cycle. Please save your attachments for tax purposes as they are not available within our online portal at this time.
- If you do not receive an email message to confirm your eBill request, please check your spam or junk mail folder.
- You may need to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book to receive eBills.
- If you are signing up after the 26th of the month, your eBill may only start next month - in which case you may receive one more paper bill.
Note to landlords: If you have "Current Tenant" duplicate billing already set up, they will continue to receive their paper bill delivered to the service location.
Please remember, you are responsible for timely payment of all amounts due on your account. If payment is not processed or completed by the due date, the amount due will be treated in accordance with late payment policies.
Monthly Billing Details
- Utility bills are generated monthly during the last week of the month, and mailed on the last day of the month.
- Payments are due the 25th day of every month or a penalty is assessed on the 26th .
- Utility payments received after the 26th may not appear on your current bill, but will be on the following month's statement.
- The COT Utility Billing portal will always show up to date balances. You may access it here: online account.
- Payments must be received by the due date in order to avoid a penalty fee.
Leak-Related Bill Adjustments
A one-time bill credit can be requested during the life of the utility account, for excess consumption used, due to a sudden, unanticipated leak.
- A leak adjustment must be requested by the property owner.
- Documentation of the repair (receipts/invoices) must be submitted along with the leak adjustment request form.
- A maximum of three consecutive billing cycles may be adjusted. An average consumption will be calculated using a similar, non-leak period of time.
Low Income Seniors and Disability Discounted Rates
Water quality, water pressure problems, help in locating leaks, reporting broken hydrants or leaking water mains?
Call the Public Works Department at (360) 754-4150 or submit an online form to Report a Public Works Problem.
New meter or service installations?
Contact the Community Development Department at (360) 754-4180.