On Wednesday, October 16th, work to upgrade the VOA website will take place between 1500 UTC and 1900 UTC. Visitors to our website may experience problems during that time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Advisory Boards, Commissions, and Committees
Get involved! The City of Tumwater encourages citizen participation in local governmental functions through a variety of avenues. Citizen advisory boards, commissions, and committees represent an effective forum for individual participation. Terms of service and residential requirements vary.
- Barnes Lake Management District Steering Committee - service positions available!
- Civil Service Commission
- Historic Preservation Commission
- Lodging Tax Advisory Committee
- Olympia/Thurston County Crime Stoppers
- Parks and Recreation Commission
- Planning Commission
- Thurston Community Media (TCMedia)
- Tree Board
AppointmentsAppointments to City advisory boards, commissions, and committees are made by the Mayor. Some, but not all appointments are also subject to confirmation by the Tumwater City Council.
Residency RequirementsPolicy dictates that all advisory appointees reside within the City limits, with a few exceptions for residents who live in the Tumwater Urban Growth Area (Planning Commission, Historic Preservation Commission, Tree Board and Board of Parks and Recreation Commissioners). Some boards require certified professionals. Residency requirements are outlined in the Tumwater Municipal Code for each board.
- Applications are accepted for all advisory boards, commissions, and committees throughout the year. Complete and submit the application along with a letter of interest and resume with any pertinent personal background information such as previous work or volunteer experience or areas of interest and expertise.
Submit application materials to:
Office of the Mayor
City of Tumwater
555 Israel Road SW
Tumwater, WA 98501
- Generally, an interview will be scheduled between the Mayor, staff, and the applicant to discuss the responsibilities, time requirements and other related details concerning the proposed appointment. Interviews are scheduled at the Mayor’s discretion.
- Applications remain on file and as vacancies occur, those that have already submitted an application are contacted for an interview. Appointments are made as positions open.
For more information, contact Hanna Miles, Executive Assistant/Deputy City Clerk at email@example.com.