Get involved in your community
Through Volunteer Tumwater, individuals and community groups are invited to donate their time and talents to complete projects that enhance and strengthen the Tumwater Community. Volunteers can easily connect with a variety of seasonal and monthly opportunities that fit their interests and availability.
High school seniors and youth groups such as the Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, or other such groups interested in community projects should contact the City Volunteer Coordinator to review options! It's a great way to earn credit hours for community service and to have an impact on our community through civic engagement.
What are the benefits of volunteering?
- Volunteering is a great way for friends and family to support the local community while having fun and being together.
- Volunteering supports a healthier happier lifestyle.
- Volunteering helps maintain and restore City parks and keeps natural areas healthy for future generations to enjoy.
- Environmental stewardship projects often take volunteers beyond the realm of regular clean-ups into broader areas of concern.
- Most importantly, volunteering is a very fulfilling and fun way to see the positive impact you have made first-hand!
How do I volunteer?
A variety of volunteer opportunities and educational programs are available in the menu to the left. They are organized by the department in which they are available. In addition to general city volunteer projects and events, Police, Fire, and Parks & Recreation post their own volunteer opportunities and educational programs which change seasonally.
The City values opportunities to partner with area organizations to support the greater community. We often partner with other organizations to recruit volunteers to support Tumwater community events. (Third Party Volunteers) However, any such volunteers are the responsibility of the recruiting organization with regards to applicable screening, selection, training, supervision, safety, and release of liability waivers.
City of Tumwater Volunteers are those volunteers recruited directly by the City for City-sponsored events and projects.
If you have questions, please contact the City’s Volunteer Coordinator at (360) 754-4164 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org