Put your free time to good use!
Volunteers help extend the reach of our City programs and provide valuable connections to the community. There is no minimum commitment required. We want your participation to be convenient, matched to your interests, and most importantly, enjoyable. If you have time and want to make good things happen in your community, now is the time to get involved!
Current Volunteer Projects
|Fire Prevention Bag Stuffing Volunteers||Flexible Sept dates||Tumwater Fire Department Israel Rd SW||Recruiting|
|Clean-up, Drop Off Shred Event Helpers||Oct 12, 2019||City Hall||Recruiting|
|Library Kiosk Carpentry Projects||2019||Seeking students for credit hours for 2019-2020 school yr||Recruiting|
|Stray Cart Removal & Return Project||Flexible on your own||Various sites around Tumwater||Recruiting|
|Smoke Detector Installation||June 22, 2019||Site To Be Announced at the event||Closed|
|Santa Mobile Helpers||Dec 2019||To Be Announced||Seasonal|
|Stream Team Volunteers||2019||Project Dates to be Announced||Seasonal|
|Day of Service Special Projects||Flexible||Contact Vol Coordinator to set up a project for your group||Seasonal|
We've got other volunteer options that may interest you:
- Supervise safe kids activity nights
- Coach a sports team
- Teach a class or serve as an ambassador to faculty
- Historic site preservation
- Assist with Recreation programs
- Maintain park spaces
- Apply for a grant to host a neighborhood party or project to help your neighborhood
- Seasonal events
- Adopt-a-road and keep it clean from litter
- Adopt-a-site and preserve community resources
- Support a special project related to safety, beautification, environment, outreach, or education
- Provide assistance with disaster initiatives in partnership with other area agencies
- Opportunities for graduating High School students to earn community service hours
- Customized projects for business groups or organizations are available for Day of Service Activities
Register and we'll match you with a project or program.
Complete the Registration Form and we will add you to our contact list to receive newsletters and recruitment notices as new activities are posted.
Please note: This does not commit you to participate, but simply allows us to contact volunteers who have expressed an interest in City projects and events. You will still have to follow the instructions on any recruitments that you receive in order to officially register to participate in any volunteer activity. We do not send out recruitment notices for small projects requiring less than 5 volunteers but may post those on this webpage, so please bookmark the page and check back often. Other volunteer opportunities may exist with various City Departments that are of a seasonal nature so if you do not see something that interests you, please contact the City's Volunteer Coordinator to inquire about other opportunities to volunteer as each department handles their own volunteer recruitment.
Sign Up for Volunteer News & Events e-Notifications(this places you on the quarterly newsletter recipient list)
To learn more about volunteer events or arrange a group project, contact the City Volunteer Coordinator at (360) 252-5424 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Waiver Form (required of all City of Tumwater Volunteers)