Among the types of City-issued permits that require an inspection are:
- Building Permits
- Plumbing Permits
- Examples include ELECTRIC water heaters (gas water heaters fall under mechanical permits), fixture replacements, side sewer, residential or commercial grinder pumps, installation or repair of piping, backflow devices.
- Mechanical Permits
- Examples include GAS water heaters and gas piping, furnaces, heat pumps, air conditioning, boilers, compressors, refrigeration units, ventilation and exhaust fans.
- Sign Permits
- Examples include wall signs, free-standing signs, monument signs
- Fence permits (fences greater than 6 feet, 6 inches in height)
- Tree Removal Permits
Inspections are performed at different stages of completion. The purpose of inspections is to make sure that new development complies with applicable codes. You can schedule an inspection online. To schedule an inspection online, you’ll need to register for the Permits and Inspections online service.
You will need your customer number or permit number to complete your registration. If you do not have access to a computer you may call the City’s inspection line at (360) 754-4189.
How to Schedule an Online InspectionNew users must register first. If you are already a registered customer, skip to step 4.
Register as a NEW USER for the online inspection service:
- Browse to Permits & Inspections
- To register, click on the New User button.
- Complete the form and select the next step button.
- Select the Register button after confirming information.
- The next screen allows you to connect to an account. You will need to connect to an account if you want to schedule an inspection on an existing permit.
- Enter your permit number or customer number (if you don't know this number, you may call a permit technician at (360) 754-4180 and click on “Connect to Account”
- Click on Schedule Inspections
When requesting an inspection please have the following information ready:
- Permit number
- Project address
- Contact name and number
- Type of inspection needed
For electrical inspections, visit the L&I website to request the inspection.