Electrical PermitsThe City of Tumwater does not issue electrical permits. Instead, permits are issued by the Washington State Department of Labor and Industries (L&I).
Purchase Permits & Schedule Inspections for electrical permits from L&I.
To apply for and purchase an electrical permit from L&I, you will need the following information:
- Property Owner name (Site owner)
- Location: Street address where the work is being performed
- Whether the address is within the city limits or not
- Zip code
- Serving Utility (Power Company name)
- Complete description of the work being done
- Directions to the job site location from the nearest main crossroad
Other important information
- If you're not sure if your work requires a permit, check WAC 296-46B-901.
- Please be aware that electrical contractors must purchase their own electrical permits for work they do on your property.
- For all educational, institutional, health or other personal care facilities, electrical plans for any installations or alterations must be reviewed and approved before the electrical installation or alteration is started or an inspection can be performed. For more information, as well as a list of electrical standards and fee schedule, go directly to the L&I website.