Tumwater City Hall and all City facilities will be closed to the public until further notice. Visit our COVID-19 webpage for more information.

Online City ServicesResources for Businesses | Resources for Residents Tumwater 2 Go

Police, fire, and emergency medical response services are available as usual. Emergency? Call 9-1-1.

Claims for Damages

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Filing a Claim

If you have been injured or your property has been damaged and you believe the City of Tumwater may have a responsibility to you, you must file a Claim for Damages Form in order for the city to determine its level of responsibility to you, the claimant. 

Submitting a Claim Form

Claim for Damages forms must be filed with the City Clerk and must be delivered in person or by first class mail, registered mail or certified mail during City Hall office hours, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., except legal holidays.  

Claims may not be presented via email or fax transmission.

City of Tumwater
City Clerk
555 Israel Rd. SW
Tumwater, WA  98501

Obtaining a Form

A Claim for Damages Form can be obtained below, by calling the City Clerk’s office at (360) 754-4130, or in person at City Hall, 555 Israel Rd. SW, Tumwater, WA. This form must be completed, signed and filed with the city to be valid.

Submitting a Claim for Damages does not guarantee payment by the city or its insurance carriers. A claims adjuster will investigate the incident to determine whether the city has any liability according to applicable laws.

Claim for Damages Form pdf-icon-sm PDF fillable form  

Claims Adjuster

You may be contacted by a claims adjuster from either Washington Cities Insurance Authority (WCIA) or Evergreen Adjustment Services, depending on the type of claim. The Claims Adjuster conducts investigations in an expeditious manner.

Please contact the City Clerk’s Office at (360) 754-4130 or  if you have specific questions regarding the claims process.