Tumwater City Hall and all City facilities will be closed to the public until further notice. Visit our COVID-19 webpage for more information.

Online City ServicesResources for Businesses | Resources for Residents Tumwater 2 Go

Police, fire, and emergency medical response services are available as usual. Emergency? Call 9-1-1.

City Calendar

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

City of Tumwater

Find City meetings and events. Filter calendar events by category or department from the drop-down menus below. Select the event to learn more. 

Civil Service Commission

Civil Service Commission Agendas 

The Civil Service Commission meets on the second Thursday of every month at 5:30 p.m. in the City Hall Main Meeting Room.  Meetings are held at Tumwater City Hall, Council Chambers, 555 Israel Rd. SW, Tumwater, WA  (map – this is a link).  

The Tumwater Civil Service Commission is established by state statute under RCW 41.08, 41.12, to administer civil service law, which covers all full-time positions in the police and fire departments. The Civil Service Commission is organized under TMC 2.68, consists of three commissioners, appointed by the Mayor, serving six-year terms. 

Powers and duties of the Commission include establishment and administration of rules and regulations in compliance with state law, and governing recruitment, testing, appointments, disciplinary actions, appeals and hearings. The major activity of the Commission relates to the administration of rules and examinations. Commissioners are required to have been residents of the City for a period of at least three years immediately preceding appointment.

Contact Heidi Cerniwey at or call (360) 754-4128 with any questions about the agenda or upcoming meetings.

The City of Tumwater takes pride in ensuring that people with disabilities are able to take part in, and benefit from, the range of public programs, services, and activities offered by the City. To request an accommodation or alternate format of communication, please contact the City Clerk by calling (360) 252-5488 or email cityclerk@ci.tumwater.wa.usFor vision or hearing impaired services, please contact the Washington State Relay Services at 7-1-1 or 1-(800)-833-6384. To contact the City’s ADA Coordinator directly, call (360) 754-4128 or email

Return to full list >>