City of Tumwater Historical Park
The 1951 dream of an historic park around the Crosby House was realized in 1980 with the creation of Tumwater Historical Park at the base of the falls which encompasses at least part of the historic district of the City of Tumwater. The siltation of Capitol Lake by the Deschutes River has provided the once muddy tideland with a rich collection of riverine plants and habitat.
The park consists of 17 acres and is located at 777 Simmons Rd. SW. It has a shelter, picnic facilities, restroom, play toys, river access, and trails.
City of Tumwater Parks and Recreation
May 23, 2008