Police Records Requests

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Special Restrictions for Police Records 

Additional restrictions apply to release of police department records. Certain records or portions thereof may not be available for public viewing. These include but are not limited to:

  • Information about complainants, victims or witnesses when non-disclosure has been requested
  • Information that would endanger a person’s life, physical safety or property.
  • Information that would violate a person’s right to privacy (i.e. social security number, medical information, etc.)
  • Information regarding juveniles
  • Information in relation to an active investigation
  • Information involving confidential informants or intelligence files.

For more information, view the Police Department Records Policy pdf-icon-sm

Submit Public Records Request Forms

Request for Public Records form pdf-icon-sm

Mail/In Person:     

Public Records Disclosure Clerk
Tumwater Police Department
555 Israel Rd. SW
Tumwater, WA  98501

Email:  policerecords@ci.tumwater.wa.us

City Response

Within five business days after the City receives the written request, the City will either:

  • Provide the record; 

  •  Acknowledge that the City has received the request and provide a reasonable estimate of the time the City will require in order to respond to the request; or 

  • Deny the request. If the request is denied, the City will respond in writing, cite the legal exemption, and explain how the exemption applies to the request.

Requesting Other Public Records 

Please note, the Tumwater Police Department is only responsible for police records. Please address requests for non-police records to the City Clerk at Tumwater City Hall, (360) 252-5488 or email cityclerk@ci.tumwater.wa.us

See Public Records Request for more information.


There is a $.15 per page copying charge for paper records of more than ten pages, per the City's adopted fee schedule. Fees for the provision of other types of records, e.g., maps or CDs, are established by City ordinance. 

See Fee Schedule pdf-icon-sm  for more information.