On Wednesday, October 16th, work to upgrade the VOA website will take place between 1500 UTC and 1900 UTC. Visitors to our website may experience problems during that time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Avoid a Kitchen Fire
Cooking is a leading cause of house fires. Avoid one in your home by following these tips:
- Make sure the smoke detector in your kitchen has working batteries
- Always keep a fire extinguisher on hand, and know how to use it.
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Keep pets and young children away from hot cooking areas
- Never leave pot holders, kitchen towels, or flammable items on or near the stove
- Clean cooking surfaces regularly to avoid grease build-up
- Check to make sure all burners are in the off position before leaving the room
For more information, call Tumwater Fire Department at (360) 754-4170.