Be a good neighbor. Celebrate in a safe and enjoyable manner that is within the law.
Fireworks are legal for use within the Tumwater city limits ONLY on July 3rd and 4th from 3:00 p.m. until 11:00 p.m. A Safe Patrol, from the Tumwater Police and Fire departments, will travel around the City to enforce regulations on these dates.
- Violators can be charged with a misdemeanor, and fined up to $1,000.
- Vendors who sell fireworks to the public for purchase within the city limits are required to sell only those fireworks deemed legal by the State of Washington. Items such as firecrackers, missiles and bottle rockets are banned from use within the Tumwater city limits. Visit the Washington State Patrol website for a poster of illegal fireworks in Washington.
For more information, contact the Tumwater Fire Department at (360) 754-4170. Review the Fireworks Ordinance.
What should you do if you are hit by fireworks or sparks?
- Protect your eyes and face.
- Don’t run.
- STOP, DROP AND ROLL.
Are you concerned about fire hazards on your residential or business property? The Tumwater Fire Department offers free safety inspections upon request. Staff will walk the exterior of your property with you and provide recommendations to remove fire hazards. Call (360) 754-4170 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an inspection.
Proper fireworks disposal
- Be sure you clean up all fireworks debris.
- Soak used fireworks in water.
- Place used, soaked fireworks into a metal trash can.
DO NOT place warm, used fireworks in a plastic bag as this may start a fire.
Selling fireworks in Tumwater
If you’re interested in selling fireworks within the Tumwater city limits, please consult the Washington State Legislature Chapter 212-17 under Part V – Retailer for detailed information. This can be found on the Washington State Legislature website. Information on Business Licenses, as well as vendor Permit Application Information, is made available through the Tumwater Municipal Code 8.30 Fireworks.
Contact email@example.com or call (360) 754-4170. We're here to help you stay SAFE!