Get involved in your community
Through Volunteer Tumwater individuals and community groups are invited to donate their time and talents to complete projects that enhance and strengthen the Tumwater Community. Volunteers can easily connect with a variety of seasonal and monthly opportunities that best fit their interests and availability.
Opportunities for high school seniors and youth groups such as the Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, or other such groups interested in community projects should contact the City Volunteer Coordinator to review options! It's a great way to earn credit hours for community service and to have an impact on our community through civic engagement.
What are the benefits of volunteering?
A number of benefits are associated with volunteering for the City of Tumwater:
- Volunteering is a great way for friends and family to support the local community while having fun and being together.
- Volunteering supports a healthier happier lifestyle.
- Volunteering helps maintain and restore City parks and keeps the natural areas healthy for future generations to enjoy.
- Environmental stewardship projects often take volunteers beyond the realm of regular clean-ups into broader areas of concern.
- Most importantly, volunteering is a very fulfilling and fun way to see the positive impact you have made first-hand!
How do I volunteer?
Complete the Registration Form and we'll contact you with projects that match your interests and skills.
Note: You will be redirected to an external form to collect your contact information. Registration does not commit you to participation.
If you have questions, please contact the City’s Volunteer Coordinator at (360) 252-5424, or by email at email@example.com
If you do not see an opportunity that interests you, please contact us with your suggestions for projects that you would like to see developed. We welcome community suggestions and continue to look for opportunities to develop meaningful programs.
A variety of volunteer experiences and educational programs are available in the menu to the left and are organized by the department in which they are available. In addition to general city volunteer projects and events, Police, Fire, and Parks & Recreation post their own volunteer opportunities and educational programs which change seasonally. Please bookmark any links in which you have an interest and check back often for updates.