Volunteer Programs with the City
Volunteers help extend the reach of our City programs and provide valuable connection to the community. There is no minimum commitment required. We want your participation to be convenient, matched to your interests, and most importantly, enjoyable. If you have time and want to make good things happen in your community, now is the time to register and join the Volunteer Tumwater Program!
What are the benefits of volunteering?A number of benefits are associated with volunteering for the City of Tumwater:
- Volunteering is a great way for friends and family to support the local community while having fun and being together.
- Volunteering supports a healthier happier lifestyle.
- Volunteering helps maintain and restore City parks and keeps the natural areas healthy for future generations to enjoy.
- Environmental stewardship projects often take volunteers beyond the realm of regular clean-ups into broader areas of concern.
- Most importantly, volunteering is a very fulfilling and fun way to see the positive impact you have made first-hand!
Where can I volunteer?Here are some possible volunteer activities that may interest you:
- Supervise safe kids activity nights
- Coach a sports team
- Teach a class
- Historic site preservation
- Recreation programs
- Maintain park spaces
- Build a trail
- Pick up litter
- Seasonal events
- Adopt-a-road and keep it clean from litter
- Help with a special project related to safety, beautification, outreach, or education
- Help with disaster initiatives in partnership with other area agencies
How do I Volunteer?
Note: You will be redirected to an external webpage to collect your registration information
or, contact the City’s Volunteer Coordinator at (360) 252-5424, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not see an opportunity that interests you, please contact us with your suggestions for projects that you would like to see developed. We welcome community suggestions and continue to look for opportunities to develop meaningful programs.
A variety of volunteer experiences and educational programs are available in the menu to the left and are organized by the department in which they are available. In addition to general city volunteer projects and events, Police, Fire, and Parks & Recreation post their own volunteer opportunities and educational programs which change seasonally. Please bookmark any links in which you have an interest and check back often for updates.