Volunteers help extend the reach of our City programs and provide valuable connection to the community. There is no minimum commitment required. We want your participation to be convenient, matched to your interests, and most importantly ENJOYABLE!
Why Volunteer?A number of benefits are associated with volunteering for the City of Tumwater:
- Volunteering is a great way for friends and family to be responsible citizens and help the local community while having fun and being together! You will learn how to be a good steward and be able to share your knowledge with others, making a larger impact on the community, even after your service is over.
- Volunteering supports a healthier lifestyle. Studies show that volunteering makes people happier.
- Volunteering helps maintain and restore City parks and keeps the natural areas healthy for future generations to enjoy.
- Environmental stewardship projects often take volunteers beyond the realm of regular clean-ups into broader areas of concern.
- Most importantly, volunteering is a very fulfilling and fun way to see the positive impact you have made first-hand!
How can you help?Here are some possible volunteer activities that may interest you:
- Supervise safe kids activity nights
- Coach a sports team
- Teach a class
- Recreation programs
- Maintain park spaces
- Build a trail
- Pick up litter
- Adopt-a-road and keep it clean from litter
- Help with a special project related to safety, beautification, outreach, or education
- Help with disaster initiatives in partnership with other area agencies
Contact the City’s Volunteer Coordinator at (360) 252-5424 or email@example.com to connect with a volunteer opportunity! If you do not see an opportunity on out website that interests you, please contact us with your suggestions for new activities or projects that you would like to see developed. We welcome community suggestions.