Live, work and raise a family here
- Safe Neighborhoods – Policing programs strategically target crime and bring officers into the community-- where it counts. Our community has a range of housing options available, making home ownership more accessible.
- Quality Schools – Students of Tumwater Schools consistently out-perform their peers in standardized tests and our local schools boast awards for innovation and excellence in education.
- Clean Water - Award-winning drinking water (determined in a national taste test) and the brewing tradition (since 1906) are celebrated by the Tumwater Community.
- Recreation – Experience the beauty of the northwest in Tumwater and its surrounding communities. Hiking, bicycling, fishing, boating, and many outdoor recreation opportunities are available in Tumwater, or within a short distance. Explore arts and culture in the community or head north to Seattle or south to Portland for an urban experience.
- Employment - Tumwater is just 20 minutes from Joint Base Lewis-McChord (JBLM), the sixth largest military base in the nation, contributing to economic activity throughout the region. The City encompasses some Port of Olympia industrial and commercial properties, including the Olympia Regional Airport. Tumwater is home to many Washington State agencies and a variety of professional, retail, innovation, commerce, and industry jobs.
- Mild Climate - The weather in Tumwater resembles that of England with fair-weather conditions and cloudy, wet winters. The mild climate with lushly forested landscapes with plenty of ferns and moss. It is an ideal gardening climate that favors all four seasons. Even though the region may be recognized for rainy days, our average annual rainfall is a mere 51 inches, less than Atlanta, New Orleans, or Houston.
- Inclusive – From very exclusive to affordable, a range of housing stock is available here. Tumwater’s pioneering spirit lives on in the present day.