- Historic Properties
In 1920, William K. and Althea Burntrager got a loan for $4300 to build this house from Olympia Building and Loan. The house was sold to the Albert and Eunice LaRue in 1930. William Burntrager later passed away in 1948, and his wife, Althea, died in 1955. The LaRue family then sold the house to Charles and Mary Elizabeth McKillip in 1943. They owned the house until 1976, when it was sold to its current owners.
This house is noted for its distinctive craftsman style which has been little altered over the years, and reflects the type of housing being built by working people of the time. The Burntrager family were long time residents of Tumwater, and several members have been interred in the historic Pioneer Calvary Cemetery on Littlerock Road.