Lila Orff HouseCategories:
- Historic Properties
According to the Schmidt Family, the house was originally built in 1910 by Adolf Sr. and Winnifred Lang Schmidt. It originally stood where the fountain is now located on the Brewery property. The Schmidt Family sold the house around 1923 and it was moved to its present location in 1933 when the new Brewery was being constructed.
The house became the home of Lila Orff, a seamstress that owned a dress shop in Tumwater in the late 1930s.